Jan 19, 2016

Kaya Korean Restaurant - Glorietta 2, Makati City


It’s not really surprising that I am crazy over Korean food and culture, as some of your know how addicted I am with Korean dramas. Whenever I get a chance, I always try to eat out or search for a new Korean restaurant in my area. Kaya Korean Restaurant is not new, though I have tried their food through Food Panda delivery a couple of times, I still want to dine here just to check what my other options are…and freshly cooked food tastes slightly better than those delivered ones. 


We ordered Chulpan Ojingo (Php240). It's a sizzling squid rings sauteed in garlic sauce. It was tasty but I find it a bit salty, I still like it though.  There’s something about it that is so mouth-wateringly appealing.


We also ordered my favorite Kimchi Chige (Php260). It is a kimchi stew with pork and tofu in spicy sauce. This one is incredibly hot, but tasty, and had me reaching for more despite the searing heat on my tongue. 


And of course, my Korean meal will never be complete without ordering Tteokbokki (Php200). It is a rice cake and fish cake in a hot sauce. This is also better known as one of the famous Korean street foods. 


Like I mentioned earlier, I have ordered from them in the past. I have tried their Bulgogi (pan grilled marinated beef strips in mild sweet soy based sauce), Japchae (sweet potato noodles sautéed with beef, black mushrooms and vegetables), and Samkyupsal (grilled strips of pork belly). They were all good.

I am not sure if Kaya’s food is authentic, but I think they are okay. We enjoyed our food and the thoughtfulness of the staff. Their prices are also good, cheaper compared to other places, and I also found the place comfortable and relaxed. 

Kaya Korean Restaurant - Glorietta 2
2/F Glorietta 2, Hotel Dr cor Pasay Rd
Ayala Center, Makati City

Kaya Korean Restaurant's Menu

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© A Spoonful of Honey: Food, Travel, Lifestyle .