Oct 18, 2016

Our Quick Trip to Hollywood

Hello friends! It’s been a while. I have tons of stories that I would like to share with you all. First story would be our quick trip to the sunny and glittery Hollywood in Los Angeles. This story has been in my backlog list for months now. So, without further ado, let me share with you our mini Hollywood trip. 

We parked right across Dolby Theatre. It’s where the Oscars are held. 

Who hasn’t heard of Hollywood? I’ve wanted to visit this place for years and finally got the chance when I moved here in the US, on a spousal visa. First impression; it’s not what I expected it to be. Not bad, it’s just that I have always thought this place would be glamorous and all just like what I see on TV. I felt sad seeing a lot of homeless people camping along the side walk. 


Anyways, the first thing we did when we got there (besides finding a parking space in which we end up paying $20) was strolling down the Hollywood Walk of Fame searching for our favorite’s stars. We spent 25 minutes looking for Ellen DeGeneres’s star, but unfortunately, we couldn’t find it. But we did found some of our favorites; Bruce Willis, Robin Williams, Tom Hanks, and many more. 


We stopped by at the Wax Museum. We paid for the VIP tickets ($30 each) which allowed us to access not only the Hollywood Wax Museum but also the Guinness World Records Museum, and Ripley's Believe It or Not!


Daniel and I enjoyed our time in the Wax Museum. This tourist attraction is a must-see for those who want to get up close and personal with their favorite celebrities (wax version) and have fun photos with them.

We continued our star hunting, but stopped by at this Chinese Theater. It was nice seeing all the foot prints and hand prints of famous celebrities. I kept looking for my favorite celebrities prints. Yes, I was doing all the touristy stuff. Haha! Daniel and I had great fun comparing the foot and hand size of these stars to our own. 


The final stop of our mini tour was at Guinness World Records Museum and Ripley's Believe It or Not. We’re so amazed with all the unbelievable things we’ve seen in there. I wish I can show you all the photos, but that would make this blog so freaking long.

By the way, I want to share one of my funny experiences in Guinness World Records Museum. I almost broke a Guinness world record! Yup! Haha! I randomly played the “Fastest time to bounce a ping pong ball into five pint glasses”. I never played that game before, but I end up getting the first place (that day) with 5.54 seconds, which made me qualified to make an official attempt to break the current world record. At that time, the title holder was Santiago Adorni, from Argentina, with 5.09 seconds. Being second to the world’s title holder isn’t bad for a firs timer, right? Lol 


We also had a chance to take photos with some Hollywood impersonators.

This trip was quick, but sweet. Daniel and I had so much fun. I cant wait to go back there, with the kids, and maybe stay a little longer to explore more.

Thanks for reading! 
Honey 

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© A Spoonful of Honey: Food, Travel, Lifestyle .